annariel: Romana 2 from Doctor Who (Jon Lyle)
[personal profile] annariel
Title: Wishful Thinking
Author: [livejournal.com profile] lsellersfic
Challenge: 135
Characters: Lyle, Ditzy, Finn, Blade, Lacey.
Pairings/Ships: None - unless you count the wishful thinking.
Genre: Drabble
Word Count: 100
Rating: U
Spoilers: None
Disclaimer: Primeval is the property of Impossible Pictures. Lyle, Ditzy, Finn and Blade were created by [livejournal.com profile] fredbassett. Lacey was created by [livejournal.com profile] reggietate.
Anomaly News HTML: <a href="http://lsellersfic.livejournal.com/40779.html">Wishful Thinking</a> by <lj user=lsellersfic>. [ Misc OCs | U ]

"What I could do with right now," said Lyle. "Is a cigarette."

"Not a hope for six million years," said Ditzy. "I'd settle for a decent pint. We can probably brew something round here."

"Not something decent," returned Lyle.

"Abigail Maitland. She'd make up for the Jurassic or whenever we are," said Finn.

"She wouldn't look at you twice, mate," scoffed Blade.

"Bet she would. You can tell she's a real goer."

"Watch it Finn, ladies present," muttered Lyle.

Four dubious pairs of eyes turned to look at Lacey.

She shrugged. "Finn can have Maitland if I can have Temple."

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 05:16 pm (UTC)
fredbassett: (Default)
From: [personal profile] fredbassett
LOL, so our Tanya's carrying a torch for Connor!

*sporfles*

Lovely conversation.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 07:38 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lsellersfic.livejournal.com
Thanks! I needed something to counteract all the wishful thinkin g in the other drabbles.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 06:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lukadreaming.livejournal.com
LOL! Definite wishful thinking *g*. Love the snappy dialogue.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 07:38 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lsellersfic.livejournal.com
Thanks! I thought it was time for something amusing.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 06:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] madcatt82.livejournal.com
Heee! *bg* definite wishful thinking!
(though I'm pretty sure I'd be thinking wishfully of chocolate if I was stuck in the past!)

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 07:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lsellersfic.livejournal.com
Jenny is definitely a chocolate woman. Lacey, I'm not so sure about...

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 07:12 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] verito295.livejournal.com
LOL Lovely dialogue and I have to agree with Blade :)

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 07:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lsellersfic.livejournal.com
Yeah, I don't think Finn is in with much of a chance there.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 08:11 pm (UTC)
ext_27141: (Jon Lyle)
From: [identity profile] telperion-15.livejournal.com
*sniggers* Brilliant!

Although I can imagine that Connor would be bloody petrified if Lacey every tried to come on to him! *g*

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 10:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lsellersfic.livejournal.com
ceci n'est pas un bunny

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 10:25 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rodlox.livejournal.com
it's hard enough to keep my Foyle's War muses from crossovering with Primeval - now you're waking up my Poirot muse.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 10:26 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rodlox.livejournal.com
...and Mary would laugh her ass off.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 10:02 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lsellersfic.livejournal.com
Glad you liked it.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 09:48 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] gabby-reading.livejournal.com
*sticks fingers in ears and mutters Connor/Abby OTP*



This is fun, I'm stealing that abbreviation of you.

I like the banter.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 10:03 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lsellersfic.livejournal.com
Thanks, I felt all this week's drabbles had been a bit depressing.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 10:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rodlox.livejournal.com
*Mary walks over and dumps Conner in Tanya's lap* "please, keep him."

the drabble is fantastic...can we hope for a sequel?

Finn/Abby...have to say it never crossed my mind before; but now I'd like to see it (not neccessarily in the sequal, though)

excellent ficlet, this.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-10 09:57 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lsellersfic.livejournal.com
Not sure about a sequel.

I'd have to work out what they were doing stuck 6 MYA for a start!

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-12 01:15 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rodlox.livejournal.com
*puppy dog eyes*

well, there's always the (trinity/trifecta) of Blame - Helen, Leek, Christine.

(or have the soldiers more concerned about how to get back, or how to deal with where they are, than with how they got there)

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 11:47 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] knitekat.livejournal.com
LOL love the banter and Lacey's comment. Poor Connor wouldn't know what hit him *g*

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-10 09:58 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lsellersfic.livejournal.com
No he wouldn't! Poor lad.
Edited Date: 2009-12-10 09:58 am (UTC)

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-08 06:18 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] szychogirl.livejournal.com
LOL! I agree with the previous comments; great conversation amongst them. I'm envisioning a shocked Connor and it makes me smile. Nicely done :)

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-10 09:59 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lsellersfic.livejournal.com
*Beats back bunnies with a stick*

Glad you liked it.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-10 05:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] szychogirl.livejournal.com
And what would you do if I petted those bunnies and gave them something to eat? Hee, more would be fabulous! :)

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-08 05:12 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] reggietate.livejournal.com
I love the way the SF team pass the time in prehistory :-)

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-10 10:00 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lsellersfic.livejournal.com
Well obviously they do this after all the manly stuff involving stripping to their waists and building shelters...

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-12 01:16 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rodlox.livejournal.com
Lacey
> stripping to their waists and building shelters...
*iz ded*

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-08 09:50 pm (UTC)
cordeliadelayne: (abby and cutter)
From: [personal profile] cordeliadelayne
Heh, lovely :D

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-10 10:00 am (UTC)

Profile

annariel: Romana 2 from Doctor Who (Default)
annariel

March 2020

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
2223242526 2728
293031    

Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags